I stumbled onto a nifty web site of a local energy / solar geek… err… enthusiast. It’s chock full of his story and a wealth of links and information. Check it out. It includes great detail of the analysis he did before and after installing his solar system as well as ongoing and historical measurement data. It’s a great project that includes general energy hints in addition to information specific to photovoltaic solar energy.
In case you could not make an information meeting, the overview can be seen here in slides format: East Boulder Solar Coalition Program Overview
You may still have questions that reading slides may not answer. Email us or contact Custom Solar – 303-859-8597. Or just go for it and sign up (by October 15 to get the group discount negotiated with Custom Solar).
Note that we are currently in Tier 3 of the participation discount – on our way to Tier 4 (see the slides for details). Help us get there to get discounts for all and more solar energy generation for our community.
6:30 Tuesday, 9/19 at Lafayette Recreation Center on Baseline Road
Neighbors, if you’re interested in participating in the 30% federal tax rebate for 2017 or the Boulder county incentives, please note that many installers typically have up to 3 month contract to completion schedules, making September the ideal month to sign up. Below are the details of our current Solarize program which has a deadline of September 30 for a guaranteed 2017 completion date or October 15 to still get the group discount.
The East Boulder Solar Coalition, a volunteer group of neighbors, has worked with a local vendor to make it easy and affordable to add solar to our homes. We are now in our last few weeks if the program and would like to encourage anyone interested to get a free quote from Custom Solar. www..customsolar.us.
If you have questions please free to post here or to come to our meeting next Tuesday 9/19 at 6:30 pm at the Lafayette Recreation Center. But don’t wait to get your quote, we’d be more than happy to answer questions at any time in the process!
Here are the key points:
• You can lease, buy or get a loan;
• We negotiated a price that allows folks to pick decent panels or great panels—depending on your budget and roof needs;
• There are great Boulder County rebates available right now up to $3000 for low and middle-income residents. (Likely to end in 2017).
• Boulder County provides $500 discounts to everyone right now.
• Currently, one can write off 30% of the cost on federal taxes
• Community members must sign up by October 15 to get the community discount. Customers must sign up by September 30 if you want guaranteed installation in 2017.
Why am I posting here and handing out flyers to my neighbors about solar panels?
• It is a cool community-based project!
• We all breathe the same air!
• I want cheaper panels and the more who sign up….the cheaper for all of us!
If you are interested:
• Look at our website for more information: http://eabosoco.com/
• Call Custom Solar to get a free estimate: 303-859-8597.
• Post questions
• Come to our last community meeting on 9/19/2017 at 6:30pm at the Lafayette Recreation Center (111 Baseline Road) to hear a presentation and get questions answered by community volunteers and the company they hired, Custom Solar.
Another community informational meeting will be held on Thursday, August 10, 2017 at 6:30pm at a meeting room in Liquid Mechanics in Lafayette. East Boulder Solar Coalition and Custom Solar will be there to answer your questions – whether you know you want to go solar, or you’re just learning about the discounts or your solar system options. Find out more about solar system purchasing or leasing options and the community discount program running through September 30. Bring a friend! Snacks provided. Enjoy a beverage from Liquid Mechanics’ tasting room.
More information can be found on EaBoSoCo’s Facebook page, or ask for more information via email or Twitter. Feel free to add your experiences or questions to the discussion in any forum. Some community members talk about solar on Nextdoor.com as well.
You don’t need to live in East Boulder County. That’s just where it all started.
An informational meeting will be held on Wednesday, July 12, 2017 at 5:30pm in the Louisville Alfalfa’s Market community room. East Boulder Solar Coalition and Custom Solar will be there to answer your questions – whether you know you want to go solar, or you’re just learning about the discounts or your solar system options. Find out what it’s all about. Bring your neighbor!